I got this idea from Top Ten Tuesday, a weekly meme created at The Broke and the Bookish blog. To join the blog hop, visit their blog and choose any topic that you like.
One of the things I love about books, aside from the great stories and characters, are quotes. Most of the time, I would find myself scouring Goodreads for quotes that I could post on my wall or embroider on my shirts. At one point, I even used one for a Henna Tattoo design.
Here’s my top ten book quotes:
1. “Sometimes you wake up. Sometimes the fall kills you. And sometimes, when you fall, you fly.” ― Neil Gaiman, The Sandman, Vol. 6: Fables and Reflections
2. “You can’t go back to how things were. How you thought they were. All you really have is…now.” ― Jay Asher, Thirteen Reasons Why
3. “I always hated when my scars started to fade, because as long as I could still see them, I knew why I was hurting.” ― Jodi Picoult, Handle with Care
4. “It’s hard being left behind… It’s hard to be the one who stays.” ― Audrey Niffenegger, The Time Traveler’s Wife
5. “I realize now that dying is easy. Living is hard.” ― Gayle Forman, If I Stay
6. “When people don’t express themselves, they die one piece at a time.” ― Laurie Halse Anderson, Speak
7. “You don’t love someone because they’re perfect, you love them in spite of the fact that they’re not.” ― Jodi Picoult, My Sister’s Keeper
8. “Because,’ she said, ‘when you’re scared but you still do it anyway, that’s brave.” ― Neil Gaiman, Coraline
9. “There is a reason God limits our days.”…”To make each one precious.” ― Mitch Albom, The Time Keeper
10. “Love’s a tidal wave,” she says.
“Because it sweeps you off your feet?” I ask.
“No. Because it sucks you under and you drown.”
“But sometimes,” I point out, “it’s the only thing that keeps you afloat.” ― Jodi Picoult, Between the Lines
These are some of my favorite quotes from books. How about you? What’s yours?
Disclaimer: I do not own the photo used in this post. The photo was taken from tumblr and links back to the source.